This pH and moisture tester with long probe is used in gardens, lawns and big containers
Soil pH value is a very important factor in the production of quality crops. Most crops cannot survive in soil that is too acid or too alkaline. Therefore the correct pH reading is essential to achieve optimum result. This is possible with this long probe pH soil tester.
To measure the pH and moisture value of different kinds of soil. It has a long probe (30cm), very suitable for big container plants!
pH = 3-8 pH; Moisture: 10%-80%.
±0,2pH – suitable for agricltural field and classroom experiments.
5°-50°C (41-122 Degrees Fahrenheit)
Remove oxidation from metal rings by light polishing.
Operating Instructions for the this pH Soil Tester
1. Remove any obstruction to the soil that requires testing, such as surface soil, grass, leaves, pebbles, etc. If the soil is dry or contains too much fertilizer, sprinkle some water onto the soil and leave it for 25-30 minutes before testing.
2.Before using the pH soil tester, be sure to thoroughly clean its metallic surface with a piece of wetting cloth. When using a brand-new tester, we advise you to insert it into the soil a few times before taking your reading. This is in order to remove any oily impurities from its metallic surface that may affect the accuracy of your soil pH or moisture reading.
3. Insert the meter directly into the soil that requires testing, embedding its metallic surface completely and tamping down the surrounding soil so that it adheres closely to the meter’s metallic electrode surface. About ten minutes after inserting the meter in the soil, the pointer will indicate the correct value of pH or moisture. This pH meter may sometimes register different values depending on the soil condition, adhesion to the meter’s metallic surface, moisture content, etc. Therefore it is advised you take an average of several measurements.
4. Press the white/green button and the pointer will indicate the correct moisture value.
5. After use, wipe the plates clean of soil or moisture.
– Soften the soil in the spot to be tested. Never force or jab the meter into hard earth.
– Do not leave the metal part of the tester in the soil for too long (no longer than one hour) or it will damage the metallic surface.
– Make sure the metallic surface is clean and dry before storing.
– Do not measure liquids. This pH soil tester is not designed for measuring liquid. If liquids enter the unit and contact the circuitry, damage can occur which will not be coverd by the guarantee.
– Do not attempt to remove the metal tip. If it loosens,tighten it by turning it clockwise.
– Do not use the tester near magnetic objects, and keep it away from other metallic objects.
– Do not hold the tester with your fingers on the metallic surface. Fingerprints are greasy and reduce the flow of current.