Lusterleaf Rapitest 1825 Digital Moisture Meter
This sleek updated design offers an instant and easy to read digital format. It checks soil moisture where it counts: at root level. Monitoring a plant’s soil moisture level helps prevent over and / or under watering. The numbers of this digital moisture meter from 1.0 to 9.9 signify increasing wetness and plants cannot tolerate either extreme for long. The optimal soil moisture levels of your plants are listed alphabetically by their popular names in the table provided. Most plants are fine with a level between 4.0 and 7.0
The batteries are included.
1. Press the Power Button to turn the unit on and off.
2. At the start of every moisture reading session, use the special enclosed pad to gently wipe the entire probe 2 – 3 times. Keep the entire probe always very clean and shiny !
3. Insert the probe of the digital moisture meter, vertically if possible, into the pot half way between the edge of the container and the plant stem. In potted plants the depth of penetration will be influenced by the size of the container; probe deeper in a larger pot, shallower in a smaller one. A good rule of thumb is to probe about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way down from the surface. For containers over 30 cm in diameter, place the probe closer to the stem (about 1⁄3 of the way from the stem to the edge of the pot.)
4. While pushing the probe into the soil you may note that the meter reading varies as the probe moves downward. This is because the soil moisture conditions are not uniform. Certain types of soil have a tendency to create moisture pockets, which might give you a false high reading in small areas of the soil. We recommend you take at least two readings in order to confirm your findings. (Note: probing aerates the soil, which is good for the plant.)
5. Note your meter reading when the LCD display remains constant for about 4 – 6 seconds.
6. Remove the probe from the soil.
7. Wipe the probe clean with a soft cloth or tissue and the enclosed pad before taking another reading and when testing is completed.
• This digital moisture meter is designed and constructed for test readings. The probe should not be left in contact with moisture for extended periods of time. Do not store or leave your meter probe in the soil.
• The meter will turn itself off after about 2 minutes of inactivity. If the meter has turned itself off, press the power button to restart.