Professional EC meter ideal for water quality testing
Water purification, wastewater testing, hydro culture, scientific and ecology testing etc.
This pen type professional EC meter is ideal for all water quality testing, water purification applications, wastewater regulation, aquaculture (hydroculture), hydroponics, colloidal silver, labs & scientific testing, ecology testing, boilers & cooling towers, water treatment and more.
Additional features include a HOLD function, automatic temperature compensation, auto shutoff, and low-battery indicator, 6 units measurements (µS, mS, ppm, ppt, °C, °F), 2-point calibration, adjustable TDS factor, adjustable temperature coefficient, dual display (temperature & conductivity) and selectable °C & °F.
The package contains, the EC meter, four 1,5V (LR44) batteries, and the operation manual.
How to use this EC meter for measuring conductivity in water
This conductivity meter has a special electrode for accurate measurements
Install the batteries (included) following the instructions in the operation manual, remove the probe cover from the bottom of the meter to expose the electrode and press the on/off switch. The meter is default in auto-ranging status, you can manually select a range if you wish. Select the temperature coefficient to the right value and select the normalization temperature. Rinse the probe with distilled water. Dip the electrode in the test solution and make sure there are no air bubbles trapped in the slot of the probe. Stir gently in order to get a stable reading. Wait until the reading stops flashing, this means the reading is stable. Press the HLD/CAL key to freeze the current reading. You can use the MODE key to switch between Conductivity and TDS. Turn off the meter by pressing again the on/off switch. Once you’ve finished your measurements you need to clean the electrode with distilled water before you put the cap back over the probe.
- It is essential to clean the probe always thoroughly with distilled water and to store it dry.
- The EC meter will shut off automatically after 20 minutes of inactivity. You can disable this function.
- You can choose between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Calibration should be done regularly. Read the instructions carefully to find out when and how you need to calibrate.
- Watch out for air bubbles on the electrode, this will result in poor readings.
FAQ – EC/TDS meter for accurate readings with its special electrode
The power is on but nothing appears in the display
– Make sure you pressed the on/off button long enough (more than 100 mSec.)
– Check if you put the batteries in place with the correct polarity
– Replace the batteries and try again
– Take the batteries out for at least 1 min. and put them back again
The readings in the display disappear
Check if the low battery icon shows before the readings disappear. If this is the case you need to replace the batteries
Air bubbles adhere on the electrode
Air bubbles adhere easily in the gap between the electrode and the meter. This leads to inaccurate readings. To reduce the air bubbles, stir gently with the meter in the solution and hold the meter in an angle of about 45 degrees. Avoid in any case to hold it in a vertical position when stirring. If there are still air bubbles, tap gently the bottom of the meter and start stirring again.